As the countdown to reopening is on, our latest Zoom meeting included plenty of guidance from Julie Dowen and Sarah Satchel (as well as our very own Sheila) about virtual consultations and patch testing.
Julie and Sarah roleplayed a virtual consultation, with lots of tips and guidance including:
- Ensuring clients are somewhere well lit so you can see their roots and colour
- Not being shocked or judgemental
- Ascertaining what they have used on their hair during lockdown
Next, it was advice on patch testing ahead of colour appointments. Advice included:
- How to help clients patch test from home
- Asking for deposits during patch test appointments or drop-offs
- Updating record cards with clients’ help
Sheila also reminded members about FHA insurance – the document will be in your welcome back or is in the members’ area online.
It was another meeting full of insight and practical, confidence-boosting information – you can view all the notes and the recording over on the FHA Staff Room Chat Facebook group.